The spirit of the Lord is upon me because he has anointed me to bring glad tidings to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, and to proclaim a year acceptable to the Lord.
WHO WE ARE AT ST. MARTIN DE PORRES
We are an African American Catholic parish with a blend of faith family members from various ethnic backgrounds and communities throughout Kentuckiana. We care about one another, those around us and those we must reach from afar by prayer. We place emphasis on our children, males and families. We respect and celebrate our elders and care for those who hurt. We place emphasis on our Africentric worship services that speak to our religious belief and our spiritual traditions.
1. To continue developing a strong, Africentric, worshiping family to:
2. Strengthen the African American family by providing/supporting the systems needed for a
healthy, wholesome life to:
3. To provide Africentric educational programs for the parish family to:
4. To identify and call forth lay leaders to:
5. Have an active role in Social Justice needs/issues to:
6. To improve the parish commitment to stewardship and development